Date of Birth: May 17, 2005 (10 years old)
General Information: Easy keeper (only needs hay), lives outdoors 24/7 (but good in barn), cross-ties, perfect hooves, good with vet and farrier, trailers well. She is up-to-date with vet and farrier however I need to float her teeth this fall.
Temperament: Rubi loves to be groomed and spoiled; scratch her belly and she’ll groom you back, a total doll. She’s a curious and gentle mare and is ridden by new riders at walk-trot; suited for confident youth or amateur who canters or intermediate rider. She is a maiden mare.
Training on the Flat:
- goes English or Western
- hacks out alone or in a group
- western cowboy stuff, also gates/bridges
- light aids, goes in frame when asked
- formal training for past 1.5 years with Level 2 Certified Riding Coach
- W-T-C, turns on the forehand, turn on the haunches, side passes, shoulder in at walk and trot, beginning travers at walk
Jumping & Eventing:
- jumps decorated jumps and water and loves to jump
- very brave and trusts her rider with new obstacles
- formal Eventing training with Diana Burnett
- some show experience
- schooled CC and loves cross-country too
Show Experience: Rubi was in 3 shows ridden by Sean McIntosh. For all 3 shows in 2013 she was entered in Open Entry Dressage, Stadium and X Country:
- Will O Wind CIC
- Glen Oro Horse Trials
- Lane’s End
Reason for Sale: We are looking for a point and shoot babysitter. And my daughter is in need of a taller horse 15.3hh minimum. We have my daughter and another 65 year old woman who are both beginners who do walk/trot on Rubi and she’s awesome. But she’s not suited to a beginner rider for Jumping as she’s not point and shoot she need somebody with legs and clear intent. Asking $6000 CDN.
For VIDEOS of Rubi, please visit her FB page: Belle Folie Stables
Baltimore, Ontario (just North of Cobourg)